Trade Bot Not Recognizing Partial Fills

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
rusty

Trade Bot Not Recognizing Partial Fills

Postby rusty » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Hello,

I am attempting to use a custom order template to place a market-making limit order on GDAX. Since the market is volatile and the software often takes at least a few seconds to submit the order I am using the custom order template to attempt to purchase some bitcoin lower than the known current value and some slightly higher. The idea is that if an order that is higher is submitted, it will be rejected by GDAX (not allowed for limit orders). If lower, they will remain intact until filled or canceled.

I am happy with a partial fill. However, the bot does not seem happy with this. In fact, a few orders were placed for BTC and the bot was unaware that the order was partially filled.

In the order template, "Depends on Previous Order" is not checked.

Is this a bug? It seems as though there is a risk of any bot not recognizing partial fills for custom orders (or any limit order).

Thanks,
Russ

rusty

Re: Trade Bot Not Recognizing Partial Fills

Postby rusty » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:24 pm

Anyone? Just wondering if this is a bug or the intended behavior.

romad

Postby romad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Im getting the same thing. When the order is placed for 1 BTC for example, and it only fills .5 BTC, then the price moves and doesn't fill the rest and the order ends up canceling because of the timeout, it will then create another order for 1 BTC at another price, ignoring that it got filled .5 BTC. So if I set the bot to trade only 1 BTC I could end up having 1.5 or even more in my wallet as it accumulates. But after the accumulation the bot only trades the 1 BTC and the .5 or more is just sitting there (holding). This is the same for the sell as well.

tommyf1001

Postby tommyf1001 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:53 am

I am also having this same issue. Mods, please help us out with this!!

zulur

Postby zulur » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:55 pm

Any of you got a workarround for this?

Thank you.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:46 pm

It depends on what bot is used... the trade-bot have the option (below advanced) to accept a partial filled order. So this might be a solution, but the general advice is to lower your tarde-amount. Adjust yourself to the market/orderbook and everything just works better.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

zulur

Postby zulur » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:43 pm

stephan wrote:It depends on what bot is used... the trade-bot have the option (below advanced) to accept a partial filled order. So this might be a solution, but the general advice is to lower your tarde-amount. Adjust yourself to the market/orderbook and everything just works better.

Hello,

which bot is recognizing partial fills and where can we find option for partial fills?

Thank you

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:39 am

zulur wrote:
stephan wrote:It depends on what bot is used... the trade-bot have the option (below advanced) to accept a partial filled order. So this might be a solution, but the general advice is to lower your tarde-amount. Adjust yourself to the market/orderbook and everything just works better.

Hello,

which bot is recognizing partial fills and where can we find option for partial fills?

Thank you

Trade-bots have support for this. Just make a trade-bot, open the advanced settings and you will see a option to adjust the trade-amount. Its displayed as a checkbox.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”