Never sell cheaper, literally.

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
giannia

Re: Never sell cheaper, literally.

Postby giannia » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:02 pm

pshai wrote:
giannia wrote:Hello Pshai,

I've tested the indicator you suggested instead of "Never sell cheaper" but I'm finding the same problems on leverage bot.
I configured it 0/0.15 hoping to have all positive trades on longs and positive and negative trades on shorts.
This happens on backtests, I can find all positive trades on long and positive/negative on shorts.
But when I go live I'm finding this: "Percentage price change agrees to Long? False (7,26%)"
...and I have the bot stuck with an open short position at -7,26% P/L. This is not good for me. :?

The Percentage price change insurance does exactly that; it doesn't let your bot to trade for a loss. This is why you are getting stuck.

~pshai

From my understanding, with a setting of 0/0.15 it should not permit trades for a loss on longs but permit them on shorts. Instead, I see it does not permit losses on both. It work correctly on backtest but not on live. I can't explain why.

To block losses on both longs and shorts i should configure it as 0.15/0.15, I imagine. But with 0/0.15 should block only longs, if are on loss. Right?

Thank you.

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Never sell cheaper, literally.

Postby pshai » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:12 pm

giannia wrote:From my understanding, with a setting of 0/0.15 it should not permit trades for a loss on longs but permit them on shorts. Instead, I see it does not permit losses on both. It work correctly on backtest but not on live. I can't explain why.

To block losses on both longs and shorts i should configure it as 0.15/0.15, I imagine. But with 0/0.15 should block only longs, if are on loss. Right?

Thank you.

The idea of the insurance is to allow trades if "Percentage price change" is equal or more what we want and block trades when it is not.

Setting the buy side to 0.15% means that it requires price to come down that 0.15% after a sell has been executed, before it allows buying again. Same thing for selling after your bot has executed a buy, but requires the price to move up from that. It uses the last prices your bot has executed.

Let's imagine a scenario where you have bought 1 XXX coin at a price of 1000 dollars. With the settings mentioned above, your bot is only allowed to sell this coin IF the price has moved up to 1015 dollars or above it. You can imagine this as "only allow selling when the profit is 0.15% or more".

Hope this helps,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”