Different results in TradeBot

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
StuntmanMike

Different results in TradeBot

Postby StuntmanMike » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 am

hi,
Example TradeBot Settings on Bittrex trying to Scalp CrapCoins:

Market Settings
Price source: Bittrex
Market: MUE/BTC
Interval: 5 minutes
Chart Type: CandlestickHLC
Deviation: 0

Signal Settings USE Buy/Sell

Parameters
RSI Length 40
Signal Length 5
Buy level 35
Sell level 55

Backtest last 2 Weeks:
BackTestBot.png

Simulated after 11 Days running:
SimulatedBot.png

LiveBot after 11 Days running (Ye, i wanted to check the differences between Simulated and Real Market in HTS)
LiveBot.png

Why this Results are so Different... Backtest is Orderbook Based btw.
is there a Logic fail, is it a problem with the Indicator or Insurance or is it the API ? This LiveBot still Holds the MUE although the goal (5% price change and a Sell Signal were achieved several times)

kind regards
Last edited by StuntmanMike on Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

pshai
King of Scripts

Re: Different results in TradeBot

Postby pshai » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:00 am

Backtests are never really 100% accurate compared to simulated runs. It would require so much more data to be able to simulate backtests as they were live running bots. So this is why backtests are more simplified and you are seeing a difference in results. Also, you must be sure you ran your backtest starting from the exact same time that you started your simulated run. As we can see from the trade logs, the backtest did a trade on 27th September and simulated run caught one on 28th September. This has a huge impact especially when you are using insurances like "Percentage Price Change". We can also see, that the backtest bought it's first trade on higher price, than the live run. This made it wait a lot longer before it sold it off with the profits you intended (5% is a lot, in my opinion).

Hopefully this clarified some things for you,
~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

StuntmanMike

Postby StuntmanMike » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:48 am

We got some coins in our Sight which made 5% up's and down's all day thats not the point 1-2% is better in most cases.
The Backtest wasnt started at the exact same time then the simulated and Live bot was.

it is more important for me to understand why the Simulated made so much more trades then the Livebot (I started them together)
because the Livebot have had so many sell signals but it doesnt sold at all.
Bought at 0.00003846 and the Next few Days MUE was at 0.00005200 and the indicator was full of sell signals. The Simulated worked well but the Live doesn't ... the only difference was the Simulated payed 0.00000013 BTC less than the LiveBot in the first trade who's action was to buy.

pshai, is there are any saftie which takes the last buy price and if the market drop like 8% a stop-loss kick in, Sell all the Coins this bot is using and deactivate. that would be a nice feature. So the only thing you need to do is to reactivate the bot at the new bottom or just ignore this coin until it will get attractive once more.

kind regards

pshai
King of Scripts

Postby pshai » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:15 am

Simulated trades are simulated, live trades are real. There are differences in how they work. Also I would like to know the version you are using since the beta-tester version had its simulated wallets updated; now they work with the real trades instead of timers, which means the new simulations work just like real trades - only the trade amount is ignored because it is irrelevant to the results (we just want to know the ROI).

And there are some scripts I made (see my signature, check out the C# section), such as a simple stop-loss. Using scripts however requires at least the Simple License - Basic users do not have this feature.

~pshai
~Thou shall profit if thou art patient.~

Check out my kingdom for custom scripts for trade bots here!

StuntmanMike

Postby StuntmanMike » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:26 pm

I Used the 3.0.64. now i use the 3.0.66 for further tests

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”