Tradebot not buying

General Discussion about Haasbot's Trade Server Bot. (All)
lrdc

Tradebot not buying

Postby lrdc » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:24 pm

Hello,

My tradebot is simply not buying.. I have 22 USD in my wallet.. I'm operating with small amounts at first to learn..

Logbook
16/06/2017 12:21:00 Bot update cycle took 26 ms
16/06/2017 12:21:00 No trade action produced.
16/06/2017 12:21:00 Spot signals (B: 1/1) (S: 0/1) Buy
16/06/2017 12:21:00 Checking... Awesome Oscillator (5/34/-4/4) (Bitfinex BTC/USD @ 1min)
16/06/2017 12:21:00 Executing bot update...

Here's my configurations:

haas_buy2.jpg
haas_buy2.jpg (32.8 KiB) Viewed 530 times

haas_buy3.jpg
haas_buy3.jpg (47.28 KiB) Viewed 529 times

haas_buy1.jpg
haas_buy1.jpg (50.07 KiB) Viewed 530 times

bottomsup

Re: Tradebot not buying

Postby bottomsup » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:30 am

I agree. I am also a new user and the bot actions seem very spotty.
I check all the time and according to the indicator scanner it should be buying or selling but the bot is not doing anything. I also have to manually change the buy/sell all the time and I have no idea why.
At this point I would be very scared to risk very much here and I can't see extending my subscription unless someone can explain why it does not work very well.
Are we missing something?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:59 pm

It depends... the log will always explain everything. When the log says "No trade action produced." then there is no reason to respond to a signal. The bot will only respond when its allowed too.

Lets go into the deep for a brief moment, this will be helpful. I want to ask you both to double click on the logo on the upper left and enable the debug mode. Go back to your bot its log and watch it. Now you will see much more data and it will become clear why the bot is not trading on this buying signal. I can only guess its because its because it has already bought the coins (i see market orders listed), but this special debug mode will review in into high detail.
Join the telegram group too: https://t.me/haasonlineofficial

stabilus

Postby stabilus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 am

Very similar situation: The trade-bot buys, the order goes through, but the bot does not notice that the buy went through, cancels the order and reissues the order a second time. The order goes through a second time.
Log:
2017-23-06 09:46:21|Info|Bot btce btc scalper 1' has switched position to Bought
2017-23-06 09:46:21|Info|Template execution completed. (2.2000 BTC filled, 0.0 BTC canceled)
2017-23-06 09:46:10|Info|Order of 2.2 BTC send to account BTC-e
012017-23-06 09:46:10|Info|Executing Buy order template of 2.2 BTC...
2017-23-06 09:42:08|Info|Order template cancel completed.
2017-23-06 09:42:08|Info|Sending cancel order template...
2017-23-06 09:36:18|Info|Order of 2.2 BTC send to account BTC-e
012017-23-06 09:36:06|Info|Executing Buy order template of 2.2 BTC...

I found the reaction time between order execution on the exchange and the feedback I see in the personal trades history to be sluggish. Sometimes, the trades don't appear until I somehow refresh the page.

I also found that various times the bought/sold switch does not take place (perhaps the same reason as described above).

Anything I need to check on my setup?

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:43 pm

stabilus wrote:Anything I need to check on my setup?

No much, just try to lower your trade-amount a little bit because its pretty high. If you set this to a lower amount then it will work.

Orders should not hit a time-out. If this happens then its very likely the amount is just to high. With bots you want to place a order and have this filled quickly.

stabilus

Postby stabilus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:11 pm

I think I had the bot set up as issuing market orders. (not entirely sure). In that case the order should not have to wait at all.

Here, it looks like the bot was not notified correctly about the fact that the order had gone through. Even though the order had been purchased after a few seconds (same time stamp as the order initiation), the bot was still waiting for the corresponding information. Because that did not reach the bot, after 6 minutes it cancelled.

So to me it looks like it is not a question of the amount being too big, but of the information not flowing correctly.

stephan
Administrator

Postby stephan » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:36 pm

I shall run some extra tests with markets orders. Maybe something is wrong in there. I am using limit orders myself, those work fine for sure. But sinds I am not using market orders I am not directly sure about those.

Update:
Confirmed. Something seems to be wrong inside the market orders and i strongly advice not to use them for the moment. please just switch to limit orders and everything will work normally. We will have to issue a quick update for this. But again ONLY the market orders are affected atm.

elvino

Postby elvino » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 am

stephan wrote:I shall run some extra tests with markets orders. Maybe something is wrong in there. I am using limit orders myself, those work fine for sure. But sinds I am not using market orders I am not directly sure about those.

Update:
Confirmed. Something seems to be wrong inside the market orders and i strongly advice not to use them for the moment. please just switch to limit orders and everything will work normally. We will have to issue a quick update for this. But again ONLY the market orders are affected atm.

I recently subscribed to the beginner license and I have been experimenting with the various bots. I feel comfortable with the scalper bot and the trade bot so far so good but the trade bot is not buying even under limit trade.

Please could you do something on the limitation placed on maximum of two for a given bot. I wish to restrict myself to the scalper bot for now but the maximum of two is a limitation.

I will appreciate it if you can restrict the number of bots to license category only and remove the limitation on bot type. In order words, I wish to use the scalper bot for the maximum number of bots allowed in the beginner license.

I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Elvis

stabilus

Postby stabilus » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:22 am

stephan wrote:
stabilus wrote:Anything I need to check on my setup?

No much, just try to lower your trade-amount a little bit because its pretty high. If you set this to a lower amount then it will work.

Orders should not hit a time-out. If this happens then its very likely the amount is just to high. With bots you want to place a order and have this filled quickly.

I understand that the limit order that is not (completely) filled and times out, is considered as "not acted on" by the trading bot. While this is a correct behaviour if none of the order was filled, it leads to a problem if the order was filled partially.

Say, you create a tradebot that should buy and sell 0.5 BTC (scalping). The bot issues a limit buy order that gets filled by 0.4 BTC. Then the price on the exchange rises. The order times out, the bot issues a cancel order. The bot still stands at "sold" and when triggered the next time, it issues a buy order again for the full 0.5BTC. Ups! This can go forever until the buying currency is 0. The bot may purchase 20 BTC and never ever turn to "bought".

I realise you indicated the bot amount should be so low that it gets executed before it times out and the example above is the reason for you saying that.

BUT
I think the order pricing needs to become 3 notches more intelligent:

1) It should add partial executions up until the entire amount is filled (even if issued in partial orders).
2) Repricing should work automated and more quickly. When I place an order, I frequently see how my price is "covered" by an order that is 0.001 better than my price. That happens within seconds and as long as I move my price not beyond a certain level. Clearly, this behaviour is executed by a different bot. But, "fighting" against it, makes our orders look really bad, because we always come in second behind that other bot. The only reaction we can currently automate is the time out interval. Say, I set that at 1 minute, then the bot will cancel the order after 1 minute if it is not filled (completely). It takes the bot then some other 10 seconds or so to reissue the next order at the current price (which may have moved to our disadvantage considerably in these 70 seconds) only to be "covered" again by another bot.
3) There should be a switch in the bot settings called something like "quickest possible lmit orders" - a logic that tries to execute the order in the quickest possible fashion while changing pricing as frequently as needed to fill the order by issuing limit orders (and benefitting from maker fees). The limit prices do however not go beyond the limit the bot determines as the price point where it would not trigger an order anymore.

4) Bonus step: If we wanted to go even one step further, the bot could look at the current market price and fall back to issueing a market order when it detects that the limit orders will not get filled as the price moves out of range. If in this situation the market price is still inside the limit within which the bot would trigger the order, it could switch to use that market price before it is not available anymore.

I realise, this is not easy to program, but hey, what would the world be without challenges. It would already be great if we could get points 1) and 2) added to the bot logic.

corpie
Paid Subscriber

Postby corpie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 pm

I'm having a similar problem where it buys but it does not recognize it buys so it stays in the same position and won't trade. I posted in another post.

limit orders
indicators: rate of change and stotch rsi
safeties: none
insurances: never sell cheaper and overcome double fee

exchanges btc-e and gdax

If memory serves me right I remember having a problem like this in 2015 when i first used the bot and it was the older haas software the standalone.

Return to “Trade Bot Discussion”