This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Reset current position

Found a bug in our software? Post here with a detailed description and logs.
mjblack
Paid Subscriber

Reset current position

Postby mjblack » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:09 am

Hi, whenever I make a change to my indicators, not sure about insurances/safeties, my current position gets reset to Sold when it was previously Bought. I'm not sure if its by design or not. The version I am on is 2.2.6.0.

Phillis
Administrator

Re: Reset current position

Postby Phillis » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:20 am

mjblack wrote:Hi, whenever I make a change to my indicators, not sure about insurances/safeties, my current position gets reset to Sold when it was previously Bought. I'm not sure if its by design or not. The version I am on is 2.2.6.0.

Hey,

Can you check out the beta to see if this occurs as well? We will be going live with 2.3 soon (in a week or two) so it is probably best to switch over to the beta, as we aren't going to push an update to the 2.2 branch with 2.3 being so close.

~ Phillis

mjblack
Paid Subscriber

Postby mjblack » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Phillis wrote:
mjblack wrote:Hi, whenever I make a change to my indicators, not sure about insurances/safeties, my current position gets reset to Sold when it was previously Bought. I'm not sure if its by design or not. The version I am on is 2.2.6.0.

Hey,

Can you check out the beta to see if this occurs as well? We will be going live with 2.3 soon (in a week or two) so it is probably best to switch over to the beta, as we aren't going to push an update to the 2.2 branch with 2.3 being so close.

~ Phillis

It does happen with a back test in the beta build.

Phillis
Administrator

Postby Phillis » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:16 pm

mjblack wrote:
Phillis wrote:

Hey,

~ Phillis

It does happen with a back test in the beta build.

well, the backtest literally simulates trades, so it will happen when you run a backtest. Just be sure to reset the postion/clear statistics and you will be alright.

Return to “Bug Reports”