This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

Script Indicator doing wrong or no trades

Found a bug in our software? Post here with a detailed description and logs.
samwere

Script Indicator doing wrong or no trades

Postby samwere » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:56 am

Since a few weeks i´m using my Enhanced Ichimoku Script only as indicator. In that time i stumbled over multiple problems or bugs (wich maybe belong together). I can´t say for sure if it´s on my script or if they are bugs in HTS causing this, but one thing i can say - i´m loosing money.

1. Trades without Signals
This problem mostly comes if i´m longer away and not checking the bots for a while. Mostly in the morning i see, there was a trade but afterwards there are no visible signals at the trade time. There are no safeties or insurances wich could trigger the trade.
trades.png
trades.png (21.44 KiB) Viewed 714 times

NEO-ETH.jpg

In this case it could have been a real signal, but it´s not showing. So there seems to be a difference between the bots data and the chart data. In other cases it was far away from any possible trade signals. Ignore the older Trades as i changed the indicator timeframe in the meantime.

2. Signals without Trades
Sometimes i open a bot and see, there already is a buy or sell signal for multiple hours but the bot did not trade. Just a few seconds after the chart in the browser is loaded, the overdue trade is finally happening.

3. Only a part of the Chart is loaded
Often after the bot is running for a while, the chart goes only over like 3/4 of the window and the rest stays empty. Also scrolling/dragging the chart does not loads more data. It´s still more than the script indicator needs to work correctly tough. This is in all timeframes the same.

All that leads me to the assumption, that if not regularly a chart update is triggered in the browser, sometimes there is maybe no or not enough data for the indicator? So it sometimes either gives no or false signals. Or are there only not all signals displayed in the browser?

My script: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=2103

In attachment the XML from one of the bot.
5c301a32-0c46-4474-bfe5-ed92e1f4f8b1.zip
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

samwere

Re: Script Indicator doing wrong or no trades

Postby samwere » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 pm

photo_2018-02-16_12-59-41.jpg

One of those "half" charts wich are not loading older chart data until i restart HTS.

Quintus
Administrator

Re: Script Indicator doing wrong or no trades

Postby Quintus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi,

The Ichi script is using a laggingSpan parameter. This parameter is set by using price data from the future. When the indicator is asked to calculate its current signal the laggingSpan cannot be set and the old value is used.

Fast forward 24u. When the chart data is rendered the script has enough data to set the laggingSpan. This value is not the same value as used in the calculation above. In the right circumstances, this can give or not give a signal the indicator previously did gave.

I have used my time machine and went back in time with the indicator. The first screenshot will show a sell signal on 12:18 and the second screenshot the signal is gone. The laggingSpan chart line looks completely different now.

I cannot think of a workaround for you...

- Quintus
Attachments
ichi2.png
ichi1.png

Return to “Bug Reports”