This board has been archived, no new registrations are allowed. Please come join us on our discord!

General impression from a beginner. Developers, please read.

Found a bug in our software? Post here with a detailed description and logs.
EclecticDilettante

Re: General impression from a beginner. Developers, please read.

Postby EclecticDilettante » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks for the valuable input. Definitely useful info. I am using SolVPS (already prepaid for 1 year). Extremely bad performance. At least I know where to look for substitutes when the time comes if i manage to make my money out.

Trade

Postby Trade » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 pm

Heya,

Try upgrading your SolVPS VPS subcription to a Bare Metal Dedicated at SolVPS:
https://www.solvps.com/dedicated-servers/

Apply your existing credit to the same solution. Maybe shorten to 6-months so there is no extra cost.
Their $87/month package should be Ok.
Intel Xeon E3-1220 V3 8GB DDR3 500GB SATA3 HDD 10TB 1Gbps (GigE) $87 (4 Core/4 Threads)
or the Intel Xeon E3-1240 V3 (4 Core/8 Threads is better but costs a little more).

Windows 2012 licensing will add $22/month.

-10% Off for 6-Month Subscription
-10% Off Recurring Coupon: YEAREND2016
Last edited by Trade on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EclecticDilettante

Postby EclecticDilettante » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:34 am

Trade wrote:Heya,

Try upgrading your SolVPS VPS subcription to a Bare Metal Dedicated at SolVPS:
https://www.solvps.com/dedicated-servers/

Apply your existing credit to the same solution. Maybe shorten to 6-months so there is no extra cost.
Their $87/month package should be Ok.
Intel Xeon E3-1220 V3 8GB DDR3 500GB SATA3 HDD 10TB 1Gbps (GigE) $87 (4 Core/4 Threads)
or the Intel Xeon E3-1240 V3 (4 Core/8 Threads, better) $94

Windows 2012 licensing will add $22/month.

Hey thanks a lot. I also just wanted to post that link here. I asked them for dedicated servers via support.
I will definitely go for the 6month solution to test out.

Trade

Postby Trade » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Just an update on SolVPS.
They have dropped support for BTC as payment.

Their verification process is very difficult (unnecessarily) and has resulted in 2 attempted orders over the past 3 months being cancelled for no good reason.

I've moved to Worldstream in the Rotterdam, NL area. Very happy with the deployment speed (12h) and the latency. They have good prices and more recent/faster CPU's on their dedicated servers. They accept BTC via BitPay and have been in business since 2006. https://www.worldstream.nl

My old dedicated was USA based and latency to BitMEX was a bit high at 90-120ms. Latency to BitMEX from Rotterdam now is around 18-20ms. I'm thinking it may help with speeds to the HTS Backend/cloud too? Seeing a minor improvement in Bitfinex latency also.

EclecticDilettante

Postby EclecticDilettante » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am

Thanks for that info. I see worldstream has many dedicated options listed. What operating system did you order with? You have to pay extra for windows. I might try them when my term expires with solvps

Trade wrote:Just an update on SolVPS.
They have dropped support for BTC as payment.

Their verification process is very difficult (unnecessarily) and has resulted in 2 attempted orders over the past 3 months being cancelled for no good reason.

I've moved to Worldstream in the Rotterdam, NL area. Very happy with the deployment speed (12h) and the latency. They have good prices and more recent/faster CPU's on their dedicated servers. They accept BTC via BitPay and have been in business since 2006. https://www.worldstream.nl

My old dedicated was USA based and latency to BitMEX was a bit high at 90-120ms. Latency to BitMEX from Rotterdam now is around 18-20ms. I'm thinking it may help with speeds to the HTS Backend/cloud too? Seeing a minor improvement in Bitfinex latency also.

Return to “Bug Reports”